Spellcheck.

The fine art of blogging without attention whoring. Or am I just fooling myself?

Monday, September 04, 2006

Initiation

What the subtitle of the blog says. This is my stab at blogging without attention whoring. I do not know if that is possible at all, but I would like to give it a try.

Actually, what this whole thing is about is the following: Some time ago I noticed that my English had worsened considerably. English is not my native tongue but I used to be quite good at it, not to say excellent. Something happened, however, and I am quite sure it had something to do with me living in Italy for six months last year, and my complete focus on learing Italian. Since then I am constantly misspelling, forgetting basic words, phrasing myself erroneously (can you even say that?), and so on and so forth...and when it comes to word order, please, just don't get me started on that.

This is where you, my dear readers, come into the picture (provided that you exist at all): I would like you to provide me with feedback on language use, in any shape and colour. Do not spare me in any way. In exchange, I will do my best to provide you with as entertaining...er, "pseudo-journalism" and other written reflections as possible.

As for the "not attention whoring" claim, let us make a pros and cons list:

Pros:
  • I will be keeping my name, nationality, location, gender and other personal details hidden - at least for the time being.
  • As mentioned above, this blog mainly exist for me to exercise my written English skills, while being able to get some feedback on spelling, grammar and word use.
  • I will not be advertising this blog very much, just to attract a few proofreaders.
  • I will not put any time and effort into "keeping my readers". The entries will show up when and if I feel like it. I am sure there are millions of blogs you can entertain yourself with in the meantime.
  • There will be no stat counting whatsoever.
Cons:
  • I have been attention whoring before. Mostly when I was younger, but still.
  • I tend to use the word "I" a lot. That is a bad sign in general.
  • And finally...It's a blog, fer fukk sake!
Well, at least the pros outnumber the cons. In due time we will see where all of this is heading for sure...

Kisses,
M.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:54 pm, Blogger 神野ミカエル said…

    Stenmark: Thank you for the comments but I had to reject your post as it revealed just a wee bit too much about my origin. Oh, and as for "seppuccu": that spelling is intentional. ^_~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home