Spellcheck.

The fine art of blogging without attention whoring. Or am I just fooling myself?

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Politics

There is one thing that keeps puzzling me: Why is it that, when it comes to politics, individuals who normally are intelligent, thinking creatures become stupid, egoistic, defensive and fearful, and are unable to think for themselves? Politicians constantly have to watch what they are saying, to not "upset the voters", and should preferably never give a concise answer, to not "scare the voters away". Yet these "voters" who allow themselves to be lulled into oblivion are the same as all those brilliant, innovative individuals behind the companies, institutions and organisations that make the world go round; individuals who are not afraid of trying new things and making personal sacrifices to meet their ends, be it ideological, collective or personal ends. How can this be?

There seem to be a few areas where people's worst sides are brought to the front and politics is one of those areas. (Others worth mentioning are e. g. the music industry and the internet.) This is likely one of the most important reasons why I will never get seriously - i. e. professionally - involved in politics even though a part of me wants to. After all, I prefer dealing with human beings when at their best.

Well then. Shortly I will be heading off to watch everything go to hell, in one way or another, again.

(And to those of you who might understand what I am talking about: I made sure to post this entry before so that you would not be able to dismiss me as just being bitter. This way you may instead dismiss me as being pessimistic. ^_~)

EDIT: With much regret in my heart, I hereby claim the title "Realist".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home